Who is Jen Smith?
Jen and I first met through Total Life Freedom. She is a personal finance expert and co-host of the Top-Rated Frugal Friends podcast. Since paying off $78,000 of debt over two years, she has been on a mission to help people spend in alignment with their values and live for today while saving for tomorrow. Jen is also the author of two best-selling books on controlling your spending and paying off debtâThe No Spend Challenge Guide and Pay Off Your Debt for Good.
ââ¦it just goes to show that you never really know what your dream job is like. You just don’t know until it happens to you.â
âWe just think of the person asking the question and try to help them as much as possible from whatever angle we think they might be coming at it from.â
ââ¦rather than fishing for back links and trying to compete with big fish, I think that’s the best adviceâjust being most as helpful as possible for the clients you already have.â
âJust go do the stuff people are asking you for.â
Find out the following and more:
- Jen’s journey into personal finance
- What attracts people to her non-traditional approach
- The importance of selective prioritization
- How to eliminate the feeling of failure when it comes to money
- Changing your priorities with difference seasons of your life
- Why flexibility is the key to everything
- Setting realistic goals
- The key to a successful podcast
- The benefit of using the audience you have in content creation
- How to measure success
- Jenâs advice for Realtors that are struggling in their business
Books: The No Spend Challenge Guide https://a.co/d/90QO07
Pay Off Your Debt for Good https://a.co/d/fiCZB8R
Podcast edited by Kenny Carfagno.
Show notes and blog posts are created by Jennifer Harshman and RealtorEmails. John Schuchman is a licensed REALTORÂ® in Lancaster, PA, with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Homesale Realty and a part of the Andrew Welk Group. The opinions shared on this show represent the opinions & values of John Schuchman and do not necessarily represent the opinions & values of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Homesale Realty. The opinions & ideas shared in this podcast do not guarantee or promise any results of success to the listener.