Who is Shā Sparks?
Shā Sparks is the CEO—the chief excitement officer—of Sparks of Fire International, a certified fearless living coach and trainer. She hosts The Power of Investing in People podcast. She’s the author of How to Get Your Voice Back and cofounder of the Firestarters book project.
Shā grew up with two parents and two older brothers in a seemingly normal life. She says it was awful, emotionally unavailable, and draining. It was not nurturing or loving. Now she is looking back and realizes she overcame much:
- being bullied
- being a bully
- low self-worth
- a 12-year abusive relationship
- the death of her mother, father, and brother in the span of 6 years
Despite all that, she was a high achiever, a top salesperson in about 15 salons for nearly 30 years. She now helps veterans turn trauma into treasure.
Shā had a tumultuous relationship with her father growing up but built a good relationship with him in the last few years of his life and learned a lot about him before he passed away. He often said, “I had no choice.”
That made Shā realize that she used that exact phrase often. She decided to become aware of and change how she spoke to herself. When she did that, great things happened.
This amazing woman shared so many wonderful things, and we talked about so much. Here are some of the things:
- We need to get out of this mindset that says, “My worth is my job.”
- The law of reciprocity says that if you serve enough people, someone will come to serve you.
- When we learn, it’s knowledge, and when we share, it’s wisdom. Share more.
- Hoarding knowledge doesn’t do anyone any good.
- God whispers to us, and we follow through on that, and there’s no time wasted. It’s an opportunity.
- Continue walking through open doors, continue sharing our stories, and give people that tiny spark of hope.
- Everything is a learning experience. Everything that we do, every conversation we have, every single showing or thing in our real estate career is an opportunity to learn.
- Have a growth mindset.
- A huge mindset piece for Realtors and entrepreneurs in general is “No” means “next opportunity.” Something bigger is on the horizon.
- Look at what we’re saying to ourselves, what we’re listening to. If your team is not boosting you up, that’s too bad. How can you reframe it?
- Any business is based on relationships. You build that up by just being you, and then everything else will fall into place.
- Do something fun every day.
Remember: You can create success in this business. Don’t try to be like me; be you. Be authentic. Be who you are, and it’s going to come together.
Show notes and blog posts are brought to you by HarshmanServices.com. I’m so thankful for how Jennifer Harshman and her team have helped me become more successful in my business. If you’re a Realtor out there, I know that you often get stressed and want to work smarter not harder. You need something that you can set and forget, so check out what Jennifer has built at RealtorEmails.com. She has an amazing offer and affordable tools to help you become more successful in your business. I’m so thankful for the team at Harshman Services for being a part of helping my business and for sponsoring the podcast.
John Schuchman is a licensed REALTOR® in Lancaster, PA with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Homesale Realty and a part of the Andrew Welk Group. The opinions shared on this show represent the opinions & values of John Schuchman and do not necessarily represent the opinions & values of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Homesale Realty. The opinions & ideas shared in this podcast do not guarantee or promise any results of success to the listener.